Friday, January 3, 2014

Stay Prepared

Proverbs 31:21
When it snows, she has no fear for her household...
 
Here in Maryland, we woke up to a winter wonderland today. Though my children didn't have school, I still had to prepare for the day, which included going to work. Before I could leave my house, I had to make sure my children would be okay without me. Thankfully, I was already prepared and didn't have much to do to ensure that they would have a good day.
 
The referenced scripture is talking about a woman, however, we can apply that to all of us. If we stay prepared, we don't have to run around getting ready right before or during the storm. We need to keep our essentials in order at all time. What are the essentials? Well, we need to keep the Word in our hearts and in our hands; we must stay prayed up; we have to keep on the full armor of God; and we have to stay alert. We can also read Luke 12:35-48 as a reminder to stay ready for Christ.



Change Your Mind, Change Your Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment