Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Broken and Blessed

Many of us had a favorite toy growing up. Mine was Teddy Ruxpin (I'm sure I'm dating myself, now). My older sister and I had bunk beds and my beloved toy was hanging between the wall and top bunk. In all of her awesomeness (did you hear the sarcasm?), my sister yanked Teddy Ruxpin down to her bed, causing him to break. My God...life was temporarily over. We threw him away and that was that.

How many times have you felt like someone has thrown you away because you were broken? Maybe you've given up on yourself when you considered yourself to be of no use. I saw this picture and quote on pinterest a few days ago and I thought, "Wow, what a wonderful way at looking at things!"

One of my kids' favorite things to play with are actually glow sticks. They tear open the packs and can't wait to crack them and see the "glow" inside. Their imaginations run wild with ideas and games to play when they see the light from a "broken" thing.

How amazing would it be if in all of our brokenness we found new ways to live; new ways to be and new ways to look at our circumstances?! Shine through the cracks of your brokenness!!

Change Your Mind, Change Your Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment