Thursday, October 13, 2016

Water

How essential is water? Sounds like a crazy question, right? There's a song by Anthony Brown & Group Therapy entitled "Water;" here's how it begins:

Into the Holy of Holies I go, Just to commune with You, When we gather, Nothing else matters, If I can just get through, Everything that I need is in You, You’re all I need to know, And even though my soul is thirsty, You are the God of the overflow

Chorus: Your presence is water,
Come fill me, Then fill me again
That chorus, has been replaying in my mind all morning! We know it's impossible to live without water, but some of us go days, weeks, months and even years without getting into the presence of God. How can we live if we don't have the living water?

I know people who don't "like" water, but when the thirst is real, they will grab a bottle of water. We must thirst after Christ. When we feel like something is missing or that our souls are empty, that's our spirit being thirsty. We can get in His presence by reading His Word, praying/meditating, listening to music, etc. Try to make a habit of keeping your spirit hydrated and spending time with God.

Change Your Mind, Change Your Life

No comments:

Post a Comment