Thursday, April 23, 2015

It's Not My Fault

From the beginning of time, we have been playing the "Blame Game."
Genesis 3:12-13 (NIV) The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.” Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?” The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

How often do we find ourselves searching for an excuse? When we find ourselves in unpleasant circumstances or make mistakes, we tend to try to turn the attention on someone else. Having the focus on us can be very uncomfortable.

Learning to take ownership for our faults is a huge sign of growth and maturity. If we aren't making mistakes somewhere along the line, that means we aren't learning or trying something new. From now on, we will admit when we're wrong or have fallen short and work towards making corrections. In the end, we will be better people for taking those actions.

Change Your Mind, Change Your Life!
Lisa B.

No comments:

Post a Comment