Thursday, April 16, 2015

Use Your Gifts

Our Father loves us so much! How much you ask? Well we would be here all day if I tried to explain and list reasons supporting His unconditional love for us. What I do know is that He cares enough to give each one of us special gifts. None of us have a gift that is solely for us; they are meant to be shared.

I have three children (two girls and a boy) and what I've learned to do for birthdays is to give them gifts, of course, but I always slide something in that all of them are interested in and can benefit from. For instance, my son's birthday is in a few days. He wants action figures and a "real" football. All of them have been asking for a pet lately. So I'm going to get him what he wants, but I also plan on getting him (3) fish (to share). They never feel slighted, but enjoy being able to share their gifts with each other.

What good is it to hold on to something that God blessed you with? We can't put a lampshade over our light. (Matthew 5:15 - Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.)

Please, let your light shine! Be Encouraged! Don't stop! Stumble, but don't fall! Walk if you can't run! Just don't stop!!

1 Peter 4:10 New International Version (NIV)
Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.
 
Change Your Mind, Change Your Life!
Lisa Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment