Thursday, September 29, 2016

Accept What God Allows

A few weeks ago, I felt like I was preparing for a trial at court. I gathered all of my evidence, supporting documents and...emotions, and shoved them into my parenthetical briefcase. I looked at my life and just a week or two before that moment, everything was fine. My children were doing well, my job was okay, church was cool, relationships afloat; life was pretty decent.

Then came the storm.

As I arrived at my trial, I unloaded everything I packed and laid it out before the Lord. He watched me pour out every complaint, every piece of data and every feeling that I had. I began to give my opening statement and His witness, the Holy Spirit, took over. Before I knew it, my statement went from a well-prepared complaint and argument, to Philippians 4:11-13

"...I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength."

What do you have? Are you satisfied and comfortable with it? How grateful are you right now? In everything give thanks! God gives us strength through it all! Things can always be worse, just like they can always be better. Our attitude towards the trials and storms can determine how long we stay there, so we might as well accept them and praise our way through. We're going to change how we feel and how we look at things by keeping a mindset of, it is well with my soul.

Change Your Mind, Change Your Life
 

No comments:

Post a Comment