Thursday, September 22, 2016

Watch Your Mouth

"He who guards his mouth preserves his life, But he who opens wide his lips shall have destruction."
Proverbs 13:3 NKJV

At some point in our lives we've all been told to watch out mouths. As a parent, I find myself saying it to my children more often than not. No, they aren't cursing, however I'm trying to teach them that the power of life and death is in their tongues. One of the lessons we're working on is silence can be more powerful than all the words in the world.

My cousin, who happens to be a life coach, said to me the other day: "Your subconscious does not have a sense of humor. It takes everything that you say literally." So when you say I'm stupid, that's what your subconscious begins to believe; and when you say things like I can do this, I am powerful, I am strong, it takes that literally as well.

We should focus more on inward speaking and less on talking just to hear ourselves or for the entertainment for others. "Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking...don't they?" Scarecrow - Wizard of Oz  

For the remainder of this week, let's try reading more inspirational sayings/quotes and speaking more positively to ourselves. Let's speak life if we must speak at all.

Change Your Mind, Change Your Life

No comments:

Post a Comment