Monday, September 2, 2013

I'll Show You Mine if You Show Me Yours

When was the last time you showed somebody the real you? I mean the one you go to bed with and wake up with. The one who might not have the prettiest past and the one who might have a couple scars. We have to think about the person we're portraying on a daily basis. We may say, "I'm always me. I'm real..." and that's fine, but how much are you sharing?

I'm not suggesting that we walk around with a scarlet letter on declaring our sin(s), but what I'm saying is that we should be transparent enough that we can let others who may be in the same position that we use to be in that there is hope on the other side. We can change lives just by sharing ours. How can the stripper get off the pole and the hustler get off the corner if you don't tell them that you used to be there, too; but once you changed your mind, you changed your life. We have to tell them the whole story and not just the "look at me now" part. We can't wait for someone to talk about how they used to be and how they used to run the streets before we tell them what we did. We have to practice sharing and showing ourselves with people as much as possible because we don't know what they, or someone they know, are going through.

Change Your Mind, Change Your Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment