Thursday, August 29, 2013

To God be the Glory

Romans 16:27 (KJV) ...to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen

Are you aware that  we are nothing without God? He gives us strength to do certain things. Zechariah 4:6 says ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty." I'm saying this to say, in everything we do, we must be careful and sure to give God the glory. We can't boast about the things that we do without including God.

We are quick to say "I got somebody Saved today;" "I got myself a promotion at work;" "I ministered to a person today and I really made them feel good;" "I finally got 'xyz' accomplished;" but when did we acknowledge God? When did we say God helped me? I know we get excited and want to share good news, but we have to change how boastful we are because the same way God gave you the gift or helped you do or say something, He can take it away. Be who God created you to be and don't change from person to person. If people can't accept you for who you are (a person who is unashamed to give God the glory, but a person who still has some flaws), then that's their issue. What I'm saying is don't be the sinner to fit in with one group of people and then the saint to fit in with another group; give God the glory for where you are right now and for the things that He's doing through and for you.

Change your Mind, Change Your Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment